Autoestradas do Norte, S.A.
The North concession was awarded to Ascendi Norte, Autoestradas do Norte, S.A., in July 1999, through an international public tender, constituting one of the largest road projects ever developed in Portugal in an integrated manner. It connects the coast with the mountainous interior of Portugal, even close to the border with Spain, along 179 km of magnificent landscapes. The Concession includes design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance and collection of tolls, through a traditional system, for a period of 30 years.
Object of the Concession
- A7/IC5 – Póvoa de Varzim/IC1 – Famalicão (18 km)
- A7/IC5 – Guimarães – Fafe (17 km)
- A7/IC5/IC25 – Fafe – IP3 (47 km)
- A11/IC14 – Esposende/IC1 – Barcelos – Braga (24 km)
- A11/IP9 – Guimarães – A4/Castelões (43 km)
- Variante à EN 207 (nó) IP9/Felgueiras (EN101) – 5 Km
- A7/IC5 – Famalicão – Guimarães (20,8 km)
- A11/IC14 – IC1/Apúlia – EN 205 (4 km)